1. About this policy
Invisible Disabilities Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 55 645 853 103 (‘Invisible Disabilities Australia ’ ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information in accordance with Australian privacy laws.
When you engage us to provide you with any goods or services, communicate with us through email, by telephone, in writing, or use any of our other services, including our website(s), you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy. This policy also applies to other individuals such as directors and our employees and volunteers.
2. Types of personal information we collect
The kinds of personal information we may collect from you will depend on what type of interaction you have with us. Personal information we may collect from you includes, among other things:
• identity particulars – such as your name, address, date of birth, disability, telephone numbers and photo and e-mail address;
• Copies of your images or photographs or the purchases you make from us or our website
• personal information you provide to us when you subscribe to our mailing list, engaging with us in an online chat about our products and services;
• your bank, credit or debit account details when you make a purchase;
• your records of communication with us;
• if you visit our website, your website usage information such as your IP address, your general location, date and times of visits, clicks and activities, your browser, source from where you were directed to our website, your device and operating system.
3. The purpose for collecting your personal information
We will generally only collect and use your personal information for the primary purposes of:
• effectively providing you with our goods and services;
• where applicable, assessing and processing your purchases;
• communicating with you;
• responding to your inquiries;
• meeting our legal and regulatory obligations;
• direct marketing (such as providing you with information about our products, events and activities related to your industry or profession and promotional notices and offers); and
• improving our websites.
Your personal information is only collected by lawful and fair means and where practicable, only from you or from a person acting or authorised to act on your behalf.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
• the likely use of the information;
• the right of access to the information;
• the identity and contact details of our employee/representative collecting your personal information;
• any law requiring collection of the information; and
4. How we may use and disclose your personal information
We may use your personal information for:
• the primary purposes for which it was collected, such as those described above; • administering and responding to your enquiry or feedback about our products and/or services;
• promoting and marketing our current and future products and services to you, informing you of upcoming events and special promotions and offers and analysing our products and services so as to improve and develop new products and services (but giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing)
• improving the operation of our websites.
We may disclose personal information we collect from you:
• to our related companies, suppliers, consultants, contractors or agents for the primary proposes for which it was collected or for other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected. For example, your name and telephone number may be disclosed to our supplier to enable that supplier to respond to your request for information about a particular product;
• for direct marketing but giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing; We will include our contact details in any direct marketing.
• to relevant Federal, State, Territory medical, health and safety authorities (as required);
• where the law requires or authorises us to do so;
• to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
• with your consent (express or implied), to others.
We do not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law, and we will not sell or license any personal information that we collect from you.
5. How your personal information is stored and secured
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access by restricting access to the information in electronic format and by appropriate physical and communications security. If a substantial data breach has or may have occurred (for example, your personal information was shared with unauthorised persons) we will notify you as soon as is practicable.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected or as otherwise required by law. We will take appropriate measures to destroy or permanently de-identity your encrypted personal information if we no longer need to retain it. These measures may vary depending on the type of information concerned, the way it was collected and how it was stored.
6. Using our Website and Cookies
Our website is hosted by a wholly Australian company who encrypt all data and our website and data is encrypted and has SSL security.
As with most websites, when you visit our website or use an application on our website, we may record anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded type of browser and operating system.
We may also use “cookies”. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires. Cookies may collect and store your personal information. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use our website, but the website may be limited in the use of some of the features.
7. Marketing and Opting-Out
We will only offer you products or services, where we reasonably believe that they could be of interest or benefit to you.
8. Accurate and up-to-date information
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, up-to-date and not misleading by updating its records whenever true and correct changes to the data come to its attention.
If you believe your information is incorrect, incomplete or not current, you can request that we update this information by contacting our us our contact details. We will correct information we hold about you if we discover, or you are able to show to a reasonable standard, the information is incorrect. If you seek correction and we disagree that the information is incorrect, we will provide you with its reasons for taking that view.
We disregard information that seems likely to be inaccurate or out-of-date by reason of the time that has elapsed since it was collected or by reason of any other information in our possession.
10. Access to your personal information
We acknowledge that you have a general right of access to information concerning you, and to have inaccurate information corrected. You are able to access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us. If access is refused to your personal information for reasons permitted by the Privacy Act, we will give you a notice explaining our decision to the extent practicable and your options.
11. Dealing with unsolicited information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information is destroyed or de-identified immediately.
12. Anonymity when dealing with us
Only where it practicable to do so, we may allow you the option not to identify yourself when dealing with us.
13. Collecting sensitive information
14. Government identifiers
We do not use government identifiers (e.g. tax file numbers or Medicare numbers) to
15. Complaints and disputes
A written notice of our decision regarding your complaint will be provided to you. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, then you may contact the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
16. Who should you contact for further information?
Invisible Disabilities Australia